Infant is the early period in child developmental stage, before he/ she can start to walk. This developmental stage is the best stage wherein good discipline may be apply it’s the basic fundamental period for the child formative years.
Keys to Remember
1. Create a trouble-free environment. Prevent the situation wherein baby might do something you don’t like. Move the unnecessary things away from the baby, put it in the higher shelf or away, use a guard rail at the top and bottom the stair to keep away from the baby cannot go down and do something on it.
2. Ignore baby mischievous behavior that is very annoying but not harmful. If the baby pulls everything out of your sock drawer, just ignore it take a deep breath. If you will pay too much attention it will also capture your baby attention that your are affected that he/ she can get attention from you if she/he done that the next time.
3. Distract or redirect the baby from that things you don’t allow him/ her to do, don’t just snatch him/ her from what he/ she is doing now, don’t suddenly grab things that he/she is holding.
4. Reward the baby with your loving attention when he/ she plays nicely. Don’t noticed only his/ her mistakes or anything that he/ she had done wrong. Give your baby a smile, a hug or a laugh. Your attention is your baby’s most important reward use it to encourage behavior of which you approve.
5. Give freedom with limits. Baby needs freedom to explore but he/she needs limits. You need good judgment to provide both. Baby was always kept on the high chair or playpen most of the time. Baby needs also freedom on the floor to explore. But make sure it’s clean what he/ she is touching.