1. Spanish word means “spring baby”
2. A tree (Cybistax donnellsmithii) of Mexico and Guatemala, having opposite, palmately compound leaves, yellow flowers, and close-grained, light-colored wood.
2. The wood of this tree, used in cabinetry. Also called white mahogany.
3. [Spanish, spring, primavera, from Late Latin prma vra, early spring, pl. of prmum vr : Latin prmus, first; see per1 in Indo-European roots + Latin vr, spring; see wes in Indo-European roots.]
4. The girl’s name Primavera \p-rimave-ra,
pr(i)-ma-vera\ is of Italian origin, and its meaning is “spring”. Appropriate for a spring baby.
5. Primavera is an uncommon first name for women but a very common last name for both men and women (#22718 out of 88799). (1990 U.S. Census)
6. Adjective, Etymology: Italian (alla) primavera in the style of springtime